Friday, August 3, 2007

Flickr

So now I've gone onto Flickr and created an account. Problem? No pictures to add! I've always used a film camera. I love it because it needs no batteries and I've never taken a bad picture with it. I saw no need for a new camera. However, my husband really likes photography, so several years ago I gave him a Nikon digital camera; he hasn't used in it quite a while. Reason? The same kinds of problems that always come with early adoption of technology: the batteries wear out quickly; there's no viewfinder and you can't see what you're taking a picture of when you're outside because of the glare; we didn't have a printer that could print out good pictures and it was too expensive to buy a new one at that time (son in pricy private school); older computer made uploading photos take a long time.

So now I'm really going to learn how to do this. We got batteries for the camera. This morning I went out and took a couple of pictures of my garden--at least, I hope it's my garden. It is nearly impossible to see what you're pointing the camera at when the sun is shining. Tonight I want to get them off the camera and onto Flickr. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Good luck and have fun with it! A lot of people have really enjoyed learning and playing with Flickr! There is a Flickr uploader for uploading pictures very easily to Flickr. http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/uploader.php